Friday 4 March 2016

RICH RICE CUSTARD PUDDING

I made this for my dad as he loves all puddings, I got mum to read an article about the best ever rice pudding on line and then we went to dad and asked him which of the three recipes he would like, of course dad choose the richest creamiest rice pudding recipe.

Ingredients
(makes enough for two, except my dad says one)!

5 egg yolks
250ml double cream
250ml milk
90g sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
90g pudding rice


First I got mum to put the egg yolks, vanilla paste and sugar in a large jug and then let me whisk them together, I did as much as I could do and then enlisted my dad's muscles to finish whipping the yolks to a light fluffy mixture. 


My dad finishing my whisking for me...


Meanwhile wash the rice several times, then I got mum to put the rice, milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for approx twenty minutes, by this time the rice should be soft and cooked.  Next I had to enlist the help of dad as mum had to go to the farm, so dad took two ladles of the hot rice milk and added to the egg yolk mix, whisked to a smooth paste and then added the rest of the rice milk, mixed it well and returned it all to the pan, this following the instructions I told dad to cook gently for two minutes and then the rice pudding is ready.


While me and mum were doing our research we learnt that this recipe does not give you that old fashioned school baked on skin, Yuuukkk!!!!!  My dad loves skin on rice pudding and custard!!!  So next time I am going to make him a old fashioned oven baked rice pudding.


No comments:

Post a Comment