Wednesday 17 February 2016

POPPERS

A family favourite treat, the trouble with these is after you've eaten one suddenly 10 more have passed your lips!  I was able to be more hands on with the making of these which I really enjoyed.




I got mum to set me up with the base ingredients, I had fresh whole jalapenos sliced in half and the seeds removed and placed in a bowl, then I got mum to mix sharp cream cheese in with the seeds and spoon this mixture generously in to the jalapenos.  Next I had three glass bowls set up with beaten egg, corn flour and breadcrumbs, this is my dipping station.


In order to get a good coating that insulates the cheese so it does not melt when I cook them, you need to toss the jalapenos in the egg first so that the flour will stick, then back in to the egg so that the breadcrumbs will stick.


Mum asked for a smile but I gave her my oh so cheeky face, I found the egg mix my least favourtie in the dipping station, but I was very pleased with myself for making each stage.

Ingredients
10 fresh jalapenos halved de-seeded
500g philly cream cheese
2 eggs beaten
200g corn flour
300g panko breadcrumbs
1 ltr ground nut oil for frying

To cook these lovely poppers mum says, as this bit I am not allowed to do!, heat the nut oil to 180 degrees C and fry in small batches until crispy and light golden brown, drain on paper roll and these are best served fresh and warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment