Thursday 7 April 2016

1st BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR PINKY MY GLOUCESTERSHIRE OLD SPOT PIG

After a lot and a lot of homework on what other foods pigs like, we finally found a cake recipe that pot belly pigs love.  Pinky and USA loved this Birthday Cake soo much, they got all vocal telling me so.

Prep Time 10 minutes


Ingredients
(Makes 8" Cake)

1 jar smooth peanut butter
1 cup popping corn
1 tsp coconut oil

We all went down the farm Sunday morning to give Pinky her cake, I was excited to see what she would make of her cake but it was very cold 3.5 degrees C, so I waved the hurry up stick :-)  I wanted Pinky to give me her honest grunt opinion as Pinky is a brilliant talker, so I instructed dad to give Pinky her cake before her breakfast!  Who does not want cake before breakfast !!!


This is Pinky's response after her first nibble to her Birthday Cake !!!  Fabulous she loved loved loved  it, I am soooo pleased and happy Pinky kept on vocally grunting at me all the time she was eating her cake.


Pinky is a really loving giving pig and this is USA, (Captain America), she is Pinkys best friend and Pinky always shares her food with her.  When USA was a baby Pinky would through food out of her own bowl for USA to eat.


USA also thought Pinkys cakes was lovely too and said thank you.


First I had to make the popcorn for the cake, so in to my teenage den and at my soda fountain bar I have a popcorn maker, I added the coconut oil to the hot popcorn pan along with the corn, shut the door and they wait for about five minutes until PoP, PoP, PoP here comes the popcorn! 


I like the feel and texture of popcorn.


In a pan I got mum to melt the peanut butter, then to add the popped corn and mix together, this is something I did.  I then asked mum to put the mix in to a round lined cake tin and to place the cake in to the fridge until set, this took a few hours.


Ta Da !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment