Thursday 7 April 2016

PORRIDGE FOR MY CHICKENS

My new Cream Leg Bars chickens are settling in just fine, they are quite flighty so I thought if I make them a warm creamy porridge breakfast each morning they will soon learn that I want to be their friend and be able to sit and spend time with them.  I find chickens halirious they are great fun to watch and will talk to you and thank you for any treats you give them by saying bob bob bob.


Ingredients
500ml full cream milk
150g organic local oats

Really simple to make, bring the milk to a gently simmer, add the oats and gently cook until all the milk has been absorbed and you have a thick creamy porridge.  As this is for my chickens and not me I did not add any honey or fruit.  I leave this to cool for half an hour before giving it to my girls.  They love this early morning treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment