Thursday 7 April 2016

HAPPY CHICKENS NEW GRASS TURFED RUN

Spring is in the air and I wanted to surprise my new cream leg bar chickens by grass turfing their indoor outdoor and outdoor woodland run.  They were really confused to what had happened to their run but it did not take them too long to work out that they can still scratch around and look for all the hidden meal worms I had sprinkled in the run.

Indoor Outdoor Fox Proof Run


Outdoor Woodland Run
Turfing has an extra benefit as I sprinkled organic diatamecous earth on the ground before getting dad to lay the turf, this is a great natural way to keep parasites under control and the chickens safe and healthly and the turf acts as a fresh clean new layer of earth in effect freshing up the runs.


Here I even grass turfed their dust bath hut as they don't use it for dusting themselves in they like to stand on top of the roof!


Happy hens means happy eggs 


No comments:

Post a Comment