Monday 28 August 2017

OSCAR'S SIGNATURE CARROT KETCHUP

This is my AWESOME Signature sauce, my mum said I needed to put Oscar on a plate and focus on a signature brand that everyone will associate with me, so over summer I have been working on my carrot ketchup, I decided that I like a vinegar based sauce like the ones in USA Carolina, not a sweet or smokey sauce like the ones in Texas, so my sauce may seem harmless enough HA ...  I have a wicked sense of humour it runs in the Kirk family, for silly hot chillies, so my carrot ketchup is really a Blow Your Head Off sauce 😆🔥🌶


Wicked amount of Habaneros are going in this batch of carrot ketchup! This quantity is also for canning some jars to use later on in the year so if you don't want to do this just divide the recipe by 4 and store any leftover sauce in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.


Ingredients 

2 kg carrots peeled and blitzed or grated
15 habaneros Blow head off hot! 
3 onions finely chopped or blitzed
10 cloves garlic chopped 
1 tbsp coconut oil 
2 tbsp fresh coriander stalks 
1 tsp fresh ground coriander seeds
1 tbsp Himalayan sea salt
2 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tbsp dried
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2.5 ltr water
700ml apple cider vinegar



This is a one pot cook, heat the oil and gently soften the onions and garlic add in the carrots and cook for about 20 minutes so that they have really started to soften then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer away until super soft.  Blitz with a hand stick blender until super smooth and check the sauces consistency, if happy your done but if still a little loose then simmer down until desired thickness.  

Now your super blow your head off sauce is done.  If you want to can this sauce, heat your oven 180 C and sterilise your ball mason or Kilner jars for 5 minutes, meanwhile heat a deep pan of water to a boil, this is for you to boil your jars once filled, fill the hot sauce into your hot jars, pop on the lids and place jars in boiling water, process for 15 minutes, take out and leave to cool, I love hearing the ping of jar lids sealing as they cool down, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment